The global leader in high speed trains, ALSTOM Transport supplies one in four metros and one out of three trains in the world, with 26,500 people in over 60 countries.
Based in the north of the city of Barcelona, Santa Perpetua (approx. 600 employees) is an important manufacturing site for metros, tramways and regional trains.
We are looking for 4 Lead Engineers for a 1 year contract with the possibility to develop his/her career and skills abroad (within the Group), at the completion of the contract. The main objective of this job is to manage a team of design engineers, develop technical solutions and collaborate with other international Sites.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Be accountable for Delivery of all Mechanical Integration engineering outputs in compliance with the engineering QCD commitment. As such, manages his project engineering team..
- Contribute to the transversal requirements (EMC, Acoustics, reliability, aerodynamics, weight…) allocations to the train various subsystem (TRS) in close collaboration with the Train System Engineer and Train Propulsion Engineer and CVCW (RAMS).
- Define the train physical architecture, taking into account weight, gauge, layout, fittings, acoustics, eco-design, ergonomics and aero-X.
- Specify the carbodyshell, the cab and gangway accordingly.
- Derive from each Function Requirement specification its constructional design description (integration specification) taking into account manufacturability and maintainability.
- Manage mechanical interfaces between all systems.
- Perform interiors integration studies. Specifies interiors components accordingly.
- Review technical specifications, validation specification, procedures and reports for components and subsystems.
- Manage interchange of technical information with internal and external suppliers
- Superior Engineer with experience in design engineering area.
- Advanced Knowledge of CATIA v5.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. French language medium level will be a plus .
- Min. 3 years experience in railways rolling stock.
- Experience in rolling stock design tasks, with technical responsibilities in electrical architecture, electrical fittings, electrical cabinets design, mechanical fittings design, general layouts, equipment fittings, interiors, cabin and pneumatics fittings, min. 3 years.
- Knowledge of noise simulations, tests or noise level calculations will be considered.
- Leadership and good communications skills.
- Open to international mobility.